Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November 12, 2013 Write, write, write, write, WRITE!!!

Today I reached 21, 650 words.  Some of them came easily and some had to be dragged out of my head with virtual forceps, but they are now on the page, saved and logged and I'm that much closer to the 50,000 mark. 

At the moment, I'm averaging 1,804 words per day, slightly more than the 1,667 minimum required to complete this challenge on time.  Am I pleased with this number?  Of course not!  My goal is to hit the 25,000 word mark well before the 15th day and time is running out!  With 3,350 words to go, and my best day of writing yielded 3,762 words, (and it was a Sunday when I just did grocery shopping and wrote!), I'm going to have to kick my own butt to make it happen, but I just looked at the clock which is reading "11:11" so I don't doubt that, with a little luck and a lot of perseverance, I will hit the 25,000 mark tomorrow night! 

Yes, homework is still suffering.   Yes, my laundry basket is beginning to overflow.  Yes, I am forgetting what the inside of the gym looks like.  But when I get to November 30 and can say that I did it, I will have plenty to be grateful for, more to be proud of, and will be well on the way to the first of many published works! 

It will all be worth it!  Not only that, I'm establishing a habit for writing which will be a large part of my occupation come 5:00 PM on December 6th!

Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! Your input means a great deal to me and I will endeavor to respond to you as soon as I can!