Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013 Making the commitment

My fingers are numb.  My brain is overwhelmed.  But I feel a sense of relief. 

I've officially committed myself, not to Bellevue, but to the fact that my true passion, my raison d'etre, is to be a writer...nay, that I am a writer.  I am a writer who will, in due time, also be able to call myself that wonderful, amazing, scary-as-hell, beautiful creature:  Author.

It is a true statement for me that I write, therefore I am.  I write as surely as I breathe.  I write and sometimes forget that the body cannot thrive on endless cups of coffee and glasses of water.  I write while absent-mindedly stroking the cat on my desk or the one who is not-so-gently head bonking my leg. 

I write to still my brain for sleep.  I write to record dreams which just won't go away until they are preserved on the page.

I would rather write than do that which I am trained to do and which provides me a reasonably lucrative living. 

Hatching ButterflyFor too long, have I stifled this inclination.  For too long have I buried the stories I've imagined, the stories I've written down and shared with but a few.  "For too long" ends right here and right now! 

This is going to be a place where I face my struggles head on.  Where I log the results of my research and seek the experiences of others for help in selecting what will, ultimately be in my best interests.  And here is where the life I was meant to live, both in reality and fantasy, will unfold, as the butterfly unfolds from the chrysalis..as new leaves unfurl under the Springtime sun.  So too, shall my true path unfurl, as beautiful and elegant and unique as any butterfly wing.

Welcome to my Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! Your input means a great deal to me and I will endeavor to respond to you as soon as I can!