Friday, February 21, 2014

February 21, 2014 Editing update

I'm finding that this blog is for those who like it short and sweet.  I'm sticking to the facts and not waxing poetic (or not much, anyway).

This week's facts are:  12 chapters, 57 pages edited.  3,000 words added, and I'm about 1/5 of the way done with the editing/rewriting phase of  Book 1 of the Transition Series (still working on an actual title, but so far, nothing has knocked my socks off!).

I'm mentally processing the questions my marketing expert has sent me to answer, mulling over how best to respond to her queries while still managing to sound more like an intelligent, soon-to-be author rather than a blithering idiot.  But I'm finally fulfilling my dream of saying something in 10,000 words or more.  Though nowadays, it's more like 50,000 words or more!  Who'd have thought? 

And yet, I sit here, already thinking ahead.  Will I write the second book in the Transition Series right away, or finally get down to business and finish, or more likely, completely re-do, my memoir/self-help book first?  Sure, I'm known to read 3 or 4 books at a time, but I don't have a lot of confidence in my being able to switch back and forth between two completely different genre's.  It would be a lot like when I took both French and Spanish in high school and starting speaking Spanish with a French accent.  Not good!!!

But stay tuned to this very channel for updates on the editing process, and ultimately, the release date for my very first published novel!

Write On!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! Your input means a great deal to me and I will endeavor to respond to you as soon as I can!